My child, eat honey, for it is good, and the honeycomb is sweet to the taste. In the same way, wisdom is sweet to your soul. If you find it, you will have a bright future, and your hopes will not be cut short. (Proverbs 24:13-14 NLT)
A Bright Future....
I think we all long for a bright future for our children. I know I long for a bright future for myself and what I usually yearn for for me, I yearn tenfold for Lucas. I have seen the fruit of this verse above, in my life and in others. Hopes not cut short.
As much as I yearn for it though, I don't think that it is an easy verse to muster up the fruit of on my own. In fact, no matter how hard I try to teach wisdom to Lucas - it doesn't really work. I am now faced with a beautiful mystery. The mystery of how one obtains wisdom.
Job 12:13 ...True wisdom and power are with God; counsel and understanding are his.
So, this morning I am reminded that as I begin my day - it should be in a posture of prayer, reliance and trust in Jesus. The control freak in me wants to begin the day in a strict routine of this and that and that - Praise God for the reminder. What a gift to be given to be able to trust in the only one who is trustworthy, good and for us - ALWAYS. I need to let go of my need to control and let the Spirit of God work in our home. Patience... Self Control.... Gentleness... Joy... Peace... Goodness... Faithfulness... Kindness... and most of all Love. Where these are... there is freedom... there is hope... there is wisdom... there is a bright future.
Thank you Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment