I don't know what is compelling me to write, but I look forward to the journey. And if you are reading this... I am glad for the company.
In the Beginning...
Today is March 5th, 2012. It is the first day of our new adventure. Day one of homeschooling Lucas. Am I nervous, excited, delighted - yup, but most of all... at peace. Lucas smiles at the snow and the thought that we can build a snow fort today and gang up on Dad when he gets home. I smile at the thought that he is excited to be home and hang out with his ma and pa. I have no idea what "work" we are going to get done today - but I am pumped to just spend the day with my little man.
I am reminded this morning of Paul's words: I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have recieved. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Ephesians 4:1-2 NIV. Life should be about sharing moments together, shouldn't it. About laughing, crying, fighting, smiling - loving. We haven't been given the chance to "be" with others just to ignore them - have we? We love because we were first loved. Praise God that we can love. And love even when it gets tough. I know I will need to be reminded daily of this verse. Thank God for the gift of His Son. Thank God for the gift of my son.
No comments:
Post a Comment